Monday, December 27, 2004

make me bed in breakfast on a sunday morning



the song sunday morning by maroon 5 makes me want to take out my pretty red dancing shoes from its dusty yellow box. i feel the groove i shake the moves and i smile to myself, satisfied. sometimes i cannot get what i want. and i get angry, so angry that i want to scream and hurl abusive language. at the wall. yeah the cold pale white wall, hardened from all its years of being on the recieving end of humiliation and frustration and plain retardation.

i am angry i am sad i am bad
would you offer me protection
when the rain pours its hardest
to drown my sorrows
pitter patter pitter patter

you light up my world like a matchstick in the dark
you prettify my life with your delicious smile
you look so cute i want to squeeze you senseless like my favourite stuffed toy

ok, that might not be a very good idea after all

i don't want to crumple you like i would a piece of paper
just because.
i like you
i like you too much to toss you in the recycling bin
i like you too much to scribble haphazardly on your surface

instead i want to doodle on you my inner thoughts and quirky ideas
i want to use my favourite box of colour pencils to beautify you in and out
to beautify you with me
so we can share the same hue of pretty colour
a mosaic of wonder and love and awe
for one another.

have a happy christmas and a merry new year; to all my dears.

much love, christine.

1 Comments:

Blogger colinrt said...

Hi... and a blessed Christmas to you... :D

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home